Saturday, February 5, 2011

Classic Gaming Moment: Phoning One IN.

As we speak, I am on hands and knees at the new house, ripping up their nasty old carpet, so I have this wonderful pre-scheduled glimpse into my descent into madness.
Sgt. Edward Buck, fighting a Brute Chieftain with a combat knife.

Yeah, this was from that cutscene after what my wife calls the 'epic rooftop turkey shoot' level in Halo 3:ODST where you gun down waves and waves of Banshees like it was going out of style. At the end, when you are finally triumphant, your character gets 'cutscened' which is my term for beating a level only for the plot to make you lose the battle anyway. But, Sgt. Buck saves the day!

2 comments:

CounterFett said...

Actually, it turns out my memory failed me as bad as blogger's scheduling feature. My wife actually called it 'the legendary chicken hunt.'

Bix said...

LOL and that about sums it up, that was a frantic level. Still Cpt Reynolds..ahem.. I mean Sgt Buck FTW!