Sunday, February 6, 2011

Dust Tactics. Things To Do.

Kind of thinking about getting into Dust Tactics. Looks like it would be right up my aisle, sort of like Space Hulk out in the open, plus with tanks. Also, I love the models, and I am thinking of using them for conversions and counts as. Alternatively, since FFG, has made the Dust Tactics rules available on their home page, I could probably play the game with Space Marines & Dreadnoughts, in place of GIs and Tank Robots. Steel Legion and Sentinels standing in for the Axis? Sounds plausible.

So what's up out there? Anyone have any experience with this game? Using the minis as conversions or Counts as? I would love to hear anything about this game.

6 comments:

Porky said...

I've loved the idea of Space Hulk in the open since I first saw Space Hulk, and even wanted a fantasy version. Top idea.

Don't know much about Dust though. I can imagine there'll be some eager reading if you go ahead with it. Everyone loves a new game, especially if someone else is going out on a limb..!

Loquacious said...

I showed off a copy in my blog recently. It is a fun, fun game and easy to play. The "big box" is a way better deal than buying units separately.

The tanks with lasers and walkers are SOOOOOO much fun. You could totally turn a walker into a chicken walker in 40K if you do IG...

Heiki said...

It looks great, but is very very light. If you are able to use the components also for something else, it might be a great buy.

kenchan13 said...

Yep i got this and it rules. I use with all my wh40k terrain and i adapted the rules to be more tabletop-ish since their rules use these boards (that warp) i use my handy 40k tape measure. The minis are fantastic, the waists and heads of the soldiers move!Articulated minis!! The walkers are beautiful as well. This (for the price) is a must own. Your daughter will love it as well , my 6 year old digs it. its super fast and bloody.

CounterFett said...

Holy crap!

They move!

I new I liked the way it looked, and I was seriously considering picking up the box set (I already have a few seperate squads coming for another project), but I was going to look over the rules before I decided.

If it's got your seal of approval, though, I'm sure it is as cool as advertised. Going to start saving now.

arkangl said...

I know I am kind of late but check out my blog for Dust Tactics.twc-dust-tactics.blogspot.com