Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Weekly Update! Finally Making Progress!

Good morning all, faithful internets! CounterFett here bearing tidings of comfort and joy (comfort and joy). Finally staying in the new place as of tonight. Still lots of work to be done, of course, since most of the time had been spent cleaning rather than unpacking and putting our stuff away, but the exterminator is done, and I think that was the LAST roadblock. Plus, I have goodies.
  1. Finished up to current on the Gaunt's Ghosts series, so until Abnett makes more, there will be no new Tanith book reviews. Some of you are probably pretty glad of it, I imagine. In any case, I am soon to be reading slightly less due to the move into our own place, but I am sure I will be doing a good deal still until the internet there is hooked up.
  2. Got in an order I was waiting for to start more work on the Army Cook-Off 2011, which will be fun. Scouts will begin to start taking shape, and my Lysander (counts as) conversion is going to be a top priority as well. 
  3. The garage/workshop is already starting to take shape. Should have a painting station and a gaming table set up in the next few days.
  4. I have two games coming up. The first is a Space Hulk match with my daughter this weekend (most likely Friday night), the second is another outing of the Spartan Marines. Hopefully I will get stomped a little less.

6 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Space Hulk, that's great.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, it's her favorite game. Some girls like candyland, or Chutes & Ladders. My girl? Space Hulk. I love her.

The Happy Whisk said...

Very cool.

Porky said...

I won't diss the classic board games, but I'd still take Space Hulk more often than not. Good to hear about the hobby space - sounds large. I hope you can spread yourself out.

myincubliss said...

Have you done the latest Abnett, the sabbat worlds short story collection?

CounterFett said...

@ myincubliss:

No not yet. I am actually considering it just because I want more Sabbat Crusade, but my notorious burning hatred for short stories has kept me from it thus far.