Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Weekly Update!

It's that time of the week again folks! Before I venture into the driving rain on my homeward commute, I figured I would have a look back in anger at the week. Here's what I've been up to:
  1. All the things under my desk made it home! I know I went a little post crazy regarding that, but they did at long last all make the commute home. Some repainting might be going on with the Kolossusi in particular, but all of those sets are something I was excited about. Astonishingly, there was even more than in the posts...those were just the box sets.
  2. We moved in the new house. Everything is in, now, but in the grim darkness of home ownership, there is only unpacking.
  3. the man cave/ hobby room is coming along nicely in the garage. How big is a proper tabletop for 40k? In a completely unrelated note, how big would a tabletop be if it was made from two doors stuck together side by side? Not really asking for any reason in particular...
  4. Space Hulk. We've been playing a lot of it. There should be some cute kiddo pictures going up in the next little bit because my kids had a lot of fun, as this morning's post probably let you know. More will be forthcoming, since they have been asking me to play pretty much nonstop since the last time.
That's it for now folks....thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Loquacious said...

40K table is 4x6 (feet). You can mark it off with chalk or something like that on two doors stuck side by side if that makes your life easier.

CounterFett said...

I think what I'd do is get a piece of green felt at the right size, then just lay that down as the playing areas. It'll be good to have space for casualties and beverages.

Rkik said...

Felt is one way, another very easy way is to get some of 1.5 inch thick foam insulation. It typically comes in 8 foot by 4 foot sheets, so just cut 2 feet off one end and you have the perfect size for the table. Plus then you have an extra 2 feet of the stuff that can be very easily cut into hills for terrain.

CounterFett said...

Oooh, I hadn't thought of that. good thinking!