Saturday, March 19, 2011

Black Crusade Preview At FFG!

There is a new preview of Black Crusade posted over at the Fantasy Flight Games site. There is a little bit of neat artwork there (reposted for your convenience), and the update deals largely with character creation and advancement.

It looks like they are going to the trouble of reinventing the wheel with this one. I am a pretty supportive fan for them lately, but I do not know how this one is going to turn out. Could go either way, in my estimation. In my experience of RPGs, innovative systems are about 50/50 in terms of whether I like them or not.

It looks like what they are planning is an 'career-less' path in terms of class, in favor of archetypes, and are not using a level based advancement system. I personally am always a little bit thick when it comes to interpreting these previews, so I recommend reading for youself at the link above if you want more info.

2 comments:

Bix said...

I haven't played any FFG stuff, hell I haven't done any RPG’s in years. But they always have such wonderful artwork.

Why can't the codex's have stuff more like this?

CounterFett said...

It's certainly better artwork in the last few releases as well. I went back and looked at Dark Heresy, and it was mostly artwork from Black Library covers and the Inquisitor game.

The latest batch of books, however, seems like from Deathwatch on, have incredibly excellent art.

The books are pricey though.