Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Culexus Assassin: Another One Down...

I will admit to being less than knowledgeable about the Culexus Temple, since they are my least favorite in terms of cool models, and I have never fielded one. With the Grey Knights coming up, and anti-psyker weaponry possibly climbing the charts in demand, this might change. And I'll admit, the massive face cannon is beginning to grow on me. If I can even make myself like the Callidus model, I am sure I can bring myself to like this bad boy.
The artwork from Codex Assassins. The poor Culexus ranks the smallest picture of the four, even in their own book. Sad, really.
But then, in Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters, they rank this piece. Seriously, did they jump in prominence between editions and I missed it or something?

I'm not going to go to the trouble of comparing the different models of these, because it occurred to me that anyone who has access to this site also has access to the GW site, and is probably familiar with what the model looks like in any event. Besides, there is no Inquisitor 54mm scale model of these to contrast with.

2 comments:

myincubliss said...

I agree with you on the Culexus - it was added to the roster late too, the other three came out around the same time. On the other hand, his big skull head does make him look a bit like Marvel's Death's Head II...

CounterFett said...

Hahah
I hadn't even thought of that.