Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fantasy Flight Games Announces Black Crusade!

In its hubris, Mankind claims dominion over the galaxy. However, their realm is naught but a few flickering candles in a vast and hungry darkness.
– A Treatise on the End of the Imperium, denounced and burned in 800.M41
Holy Crap! I can finally play as Chaos! A good deal of my time is spent as playing as some form of Inquisitor in defence of the Imperium of Man. The rest, however, I spend in the guise of bad guys! Hey that rhymed...
In any event, I realize I am about a day late on breaking this news, but Fantasy Flight Games has announced Black Crusade, another entry in their incredibly successful Warhammer 40k RPG, in which you can finally play as the insidious forces of Chaos. Even Raptors, apparently!

3 comments:

slipwing said...

I have never played this RPG and I hear very little about it. I am getting curious about it lately, how good is the system?

CounterFett said...

You know, I had not heard of it until shortly before Deathwatch came out. The system is VERY complicated at first look, but if you start with one of the intro adventures (I recommend Oblivion's Edge or Final Sanction from the FFG site) it's pretty easy to coast into.

It's just that there's a lot of character options. Not a bad thing, but a little overwhelming at first.

slipwing said...

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.