Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nemesis Dreadknights: A Dissenting Opinion.

I like them.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I like big stompy robots, I feel like I have posted about this before. Plus I like it. Sure, it looks like that pilot is riding in an Astartes Sized baby-bjorn, but it's less ridiculous than the pilot in the penitent engine, upon which it seems clearly based, because at least the Space Marine is wearing some armor. I had been pretty hesitant when I saw the original pics because they were so blurry, but this looks fairly cool.

Vaguely reminiscent of the Exo-Suits from the Matrix Movies. I especially like the top one with double guns, but that just stems from my love of ShootyTech. I almost cannot resist the temptation to use this for Operation: Cybernetica.

7 comments:

Big Bad Garou said...

Wanna-be Tau with you pansy half-Crisis suits. Try some armor on the front. What do you think you are? Eldar War walkers?

^_

CounterFett said...

Haha, yeah.

I think I would not mount the Astartes-Bjorn and go for a solid front.

Eli Arndt said...

Sorry, these seem ridiculous in the context of 40K.

Is the Imperium stealing designs from the Eldar and Tau?

This sort of pandering design seems even beneath the guys at GW.

-Eli

Red said...

I'm pre-ordering one to convert into a Knight Paladin (baby titan). I figure I can make a good job of it by lengthening the torso which is actually pretty short for the body size, creating an enclosed canopy/cockpit for the pilot and playing around with the weapons configs.

I do like it a lot, it's kinda a mix between the matrix exo suits like you said (the top mounted hydraulic pistons) and a battletech/gundam/evangellion.

CounterFett said...

@ Eli. I see where you are coming from. I'm relatively new to 40k, so I don't have a lot of 'baggage' about what stuff should look like. Just one of the wonderful things about me. Is it pandering to go with a design seemingly familiar from a fairly successful movie? Probably.

On the other hand, if it pushes some plastic, gets new gamers into the hobby, and keeps GW afloat, I'm all for it. Maybe my IG can have an AT-AT Titan too.

@ Red. Seems like it would be a good basis for a Knight Paladin. I was so fixated on how I could make it work for the Cybernetica that I didn't even think much about other potential uses. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Bix said...

I personally love it and I'll be buying one to work into my Blood Drinkers army.

I can't see what everyone is moaning about, it's an uber cool pair of stilts so the Knights can punch Greater Daemons in the chops without putting a crick in their necks. :D

Chris said...

I can't say I'm a fan, but it may have some potential. I think my biggest complaint would be the sword and hammer looking daft. I don't dislike the shooty version quite as much...