Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Old Stuff Day! My Most Popular Post! War Rides Again!

I had not originally intended to participate in the March Second Old Post Day thing, but I figured I would throw out this, which for some reason or other, is my most viewed post of all time. Don't ask me, I don't even think it's my best stuff. Incidentally, I am still intending to make these conversions, and using them as 'counts as' heralds in a Daemon Army.

War Rides Again! Picking A Starting Point!

The Easy Part!
I decided this morning that I wanted to convert up War, the Horseman of the Apocalypse from Darksiders. I had planned to use the Chaos Terminator Lord kit, with some Dark Angels bitz to make a foot version of War, but then Daemonetteboobs left a great comment that a Chaos Knight would be a good starting point. I took a look, and guess what? He was absolutely correct! Aside from some of the extras (which are separate pieces anyway) the base miniatures will be perfect. Plus, since they come in groups of 5, I can model up all four of the Horsemen.
I found this picture, sort of a group shot. War is on the left, Death is in the front, of course. I have to imagine the green cloaked guy is pestilence (Edit: Strife, a fairly accurate translation from the original rather than the common misinterpretation I used when I originally wrote this), and that leaves the Lady to be Famine (Edit: It turns out she is named Fury. Umm, whatever, I KNOW the rider of the black horse is supposed to be famine and carry scales, but I guess that makes for a bad action hero). She's going to be the tough one to put together, but I'll come up with something.

3 comments:

Warhammer39999 said...

The four horsemen is such a well-known theme, it's a wonder more people don't incorporate them into their armies. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

By the way, have you read "Good Omens," by Terry Pratchet? I really liked his take on things, where War was the woman of the group.

CounterFett said...

No, I had not heard of it, going to have to check it out now, though.

Warhammer39999 said...

Highly recommended. I do believe it's my favorite book of all time, though I'm not a huge Pratchet fan. It does end a little flatly, but really, how do you end a comedy about the apocalypse properly?