Monday, March 7, 2011

One Thing Leads To Another. Dark Heresy

I have been happily and ignorantly playing Deathwatch, and blissfully skipping out on the other Warhammer 40k RPG installments. Now that Black Crusade is on the Horizon, however, I find myself wondering on what I have been missing. So...

I went and downloaded to introductory adventure for Dark Heresy from the FFG website. While I was there, I broke down and bought the .pdf of the core rulebook, something I had not intended originally. It looks terrific! Honestly, I think that this end result is what Games Workshop had in mind when they started working on Inquisitor, they just never quite stuck the landing, so to speak.

Another thing I was thinking of doing, along the lines of my fairly successful "Art of Deathwatch" series, was to commence an "Art of Dark Heresy" series. Most of the internal artwork from Dark Heresy, however, seems to derive from prior sources, like Eisenhorn, Ravenor, Calpurnia, and the Inquisition War Omnis, as well as Inquisitor itself. I am likely going to pick up the Inquisitor's Handbook in the next week, and if it has different internal work, we might be cooking with gas.

Now I wonder if my Acolytes are up to taking on the Deathwatch adventures I have stocked up?

3 comments:

kenchan13 said...

I noticed in my last writing to you i said my Board Game store was having a sale, it was an auction. It was a blast. I scored like $300 in games for $120. he next one is in October should you find yourself near the Windy City. I hope to write about the sale on my blog soon. cheers.

CounterFett said...

Cool, man. I do get to Chicago on business periodically, have to check it out.

Gyro said...

The Minions of the Monster Master have a *lot* of episodes with Dark Heresy games, fun stuff but darn explicit.