Saturday, March 26, 2011

Power Armor Countdown #11!

Ah, weekend! After working too little and eating too much yesterday, I made it to freedom at long last. It was a very stressful workweek, and I am quite content to put it behind me and get on with the weekend.Speaking of which, due to posting about new releases, the next stop in the power armor countdown has arrived, and showcases the return to Warhammerville.
Adeptus Astartes Power Armor. Pretty much all of the stuff I said way back when we did the Adeptus Sororitas power armor post applies here, except instead of Space Nuns, it now encases hulking genetically augmented Space Marines. Game stat wise, they really rank about the same as Sisters of Battle, but a little stronger, tougher, and better in a fistfight.

A little bit outside the purview of an armor ranking, though something I do consider, is that the Marine himself adds to the effectiveness of the suit, and is also armed with a Bolter, essentially a type of super Gyrojet rifle. Plus points for genetically augmented walking tankism, minus points for being way less hot than space nuns.

3 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope the food was yummy. What did you have? I didn't get crap done for work this week either and like you, I'm happy to put it behind and celebrate the weekend.

Happy Eating and Happy Weekend.

CounterFett said...

I had Indian food in Pleasanton, which is apparently one of the best places to do so. It was pretty good.

Then, after work had dinner at Black Angus with the in-laws. I hada Philly Cheesesteak, which was as good as you might think. I probably enjoyed that less than was possible, because I was not even really hungry again yet. Indian Buffet can be pretty filling.

The Happy Whisk said...

CounterFett: Been a veghead most my life. So much to still try. Never had a Philly cheesesteak. Though there is an Irish Pub we like and they make a kick ass burger with a great side of chips. So yum.

Headed out now to our favorite not-so-pricey steak house. 25 bucks for both, including tip, salad (great house dressing homemade), honey bunns, peanuts, a side and a steak.

I did try their burger once but it was sooooo salty. I might give it another go sometime. Maybe someone double salted by accident.

Hope you have a good rest of your weekend. Sun out here, but cold. Still a bit of winter to go for us.

See ya next time, CounterFett. Thanks for answering back. Have a yummy day.