Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Power Armor Countdown #14!

It was the workday that never ended. I really have a hard time with Tuesdays for some reason. You're all psyched up for Monday, Wednesday is a halfway point, Friday is TGIF, but Tuesday? It's not even close to the end of the week. In any event, after pizza and soda, I am all pumped for the next installment of the Power Armor Countdown!
Robotech Cyclone Armor. Now this one borders on Mecha, but since it literally enhances the speed of the wearer, I can live with it. These were from the part of the Robotech (or Macross, if you are so inclined) saga that I never really watched that much, but I was always intrigued by the idea of it. Basically, what you have is a motorcycle, that you can ride, and when you need to fight, it transforms and encases you in protective, augmentive armor.

So now you can wear your armor, and ride it too.

3 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

I always liked the cyclone. Good pick.

Mike Howell said...

Aaaactually, this one is from the section of Robotech that was adapted from the TV show "Genesis Climber Mospeada" (not related to original Macross at all.) This show won me over when the specter of Marlene flew circles around Scott/Stick as he rode in the first episode. Nothing like a dead fiance to add weight to a character.

I always like the way the Cyclone (MOSPEADA) armor was sort of a "spare" backup system to the big transformable Legioss fighter.

CounterFett said...

@ Mike,

Thanks to wiki, I actually realized that this was Mospeada and not Macross after I posted it.

These shows were on tv when I was 5...I give myself credit for knowing the name Macross at all, LOL.