Monday, March 21, 2011

Power Armor Countdown #15!

Welcome back to the workweek, faithful internets! I don't know how it is where you are, but where I live, it was cold, it was rainy, it was WINDY! Windy enough that several people I know had fences blown down, or trees come out. My fence needed to be propped up due to some sagging, and I still need to get all the deadfal sticks off my lawn, but duty calls! Another 5 count increment has been reached, yay milestones! Today's installment of the Power Armor Countdown sees a return to that greatest of Sci-Fi franchises...Star Wars!
Coming to us from the expanded universe (in particular Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy), I give you the Zero-G Assault Stormtrooper. More colloquially known as the Spacetrooper, there have been three distinct versions of the armor. That seen above is the version I think of (Thrawn's boys), but also, there is the version below, and also the movie version from Episode IV, which just looks like a Stormie with a scuba tank. Basically, the Spacetrooper version I like is a vacuum sealed exo-suit equipped with targetting and thrust gear, and equipped with laser weaponry or torpedoes (!).

No comments: