Thursday, March 31, 2011

Power Armor Countdown #6!

Ahhhhhh. Just finished a nice Big Carl from Carl's Jr. (if you are not from the West coast of the U.S.A. I sincerely offer you my condolences), and I am now ready for another round of energetic blogging. We're on the home stretch now in the Power Armor Countdown, and while I have wracked my brain for how to present these and stretched my ability to opine and hyperbole, I feel like I am going to miss it when I am done. Maybe we can do another countdown or daily posting event later in the year...much later.


Clan Elemental Armor. Those suckers in the Inner Sphere never saw these bad boys coming. Hailing from BattleTech, one of my Top Five SciFi Franchises of all time, the Clan Elemental has it all. It can jump great distances on jump jets. It increases the speed and strength of its already genetically enhanced warrior. It carries a 'Mech scale small laser, SMG, battle claw, AND a two shot missile launcher. It has onboard medical systems to treat wounds and keep the Elemental in the fight past what should be possible by mortal men. It can operate in any environment.

Now, BattleTech is my roots. I could have made this whole countdown variations of armor from Battletech, but I have only included the Elemental. Why, you ask? Because, of all the BT armors, it is the best, most original, most iconic, and truly worthy of such a high place finish.

3 comments:

archon9823 said...

While I never got into Battletech, I did play the Mechwarrior games many moons ago, and I remember how tricky it could be to hit those little buggers, especially when they were swarming. Jeez this takes me back...

On another note: What are your Top 5 Sci-Fi Franchises?

CounterFett said...

In no particular order:

Star Wars, Halo, Battletech, Warhammer 40k, and Stargate.

Dawfydd said...

TOADS!!