Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Power Armor Countdown #7!

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Counterfett here, and it is finally beginning to feel like spring in my little corner of the world. I took the kids to the park for a little bit, and actually had to bring the kids home because they were starting to get a bit overheated and cranky. But on the bright side I am now home and relaxing in my climate controlled fortress of solitude, bringing to you the next installment of the Power Armor Countdown!
Tau Broadside. This is another armor that might be a bit controversial, because it is, frankly, the most heavily armed suit in the countdown. This bad boy sports a pair of rail guns and a pair of missile launchers. It also has the famous Warhammer 40k 2+ save, meaning it will shrug off most damage on a d6 roll of 2,3,4,5, and 6. Basically, anyone but me can roll those numbers consistently, meaning their Broadside is safe from harm, and laying the smack down every turn of the game.

Plus points for sheer firepower, minus points for taking up a FOC slot where you can take tanks. Tanks for crying out loud!

3 comments:

Luke said...

Actually, Broadsides have a 2+ save. That's why you stack a pair of shield drones on them. 2 extra wounds with a 2+/4++ for 15 pts each? Yes, please!

CounterFett said...

Lol. That's what I get for writing posts at work, when I don't have my codex. Changing it.

Dawfydd said...

They might replace tanks, but you do get up to three of them per slot.
3 Twin-linked Railguns + triple smart missile pods? Oh go on then...