Friday, April 15, 2011

The Crimson Fists: My 'Other' Space Marine Chapter.

I use Codex Space Marines a lot. It has most of the interesting tricks that are present other Marine Codices, but with the added benefit of not having a 'pre-set' flavor. Well, some might say it does, but that pre-set is Ultramarines, which is the most rewritable back story in the known fiction universe. This is a big part of why I use it so much in my 'Counts As' adventures.

But what about the actual Codex chapters? Well, I like some of them too. I have done some Salamanders in the past, as Vulkan gives some pretty spiffy boosts. If there is one chapter that I adore from Codex: Space Marines, however, it would have to be the Crimson Fists. This is largely because I like to use lots of Sternguard, and because Pedro Kantor is awesome. I love that his name (Kantor) is what some people have described as the 40k version of the first part of my screen name (Counter). Pretty tenuous reason to identify with a fictional character, but there you have it. Also, a 4 shot stormbolter is pretty sweet.

Anyway, I plan on posting a bit on my army that uses Pedro (the Spartan Marines, who remembers them?), and a little more on why the Crimson Fists are so great.

4 comments:

Angelic_Despot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angelic_Despot said...

Just a little tidbit of info for you: 'Pedro Kantor' was originally 'Pedro Cantor'.

And first appeared in the Rogue Trader Rulebook - which was worked on by a guy called 'Pete Cantor'.

CounterFett said...

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. I actually don't go that far back with 40k, despite my gaming pedigree, I actually go back farther with Fantasy, namely Heroquest and Battlemasters.

Thanks for the info and for the comment! Hope to see you through more!

Dawfydd said...

Ah yes, good old Heroquest. Happy memories...