Monday, April 25, 2011

Daily Dose Of Dino- D-Day: Part VI!

Ahh. It's like the Monday that never ended. Except that it finally did.
Today's installment of the Dino- D-Day faux propaganda is Nigel Blythe-Crossley, the PIAT toting Brit who is the Allies answer to the fearsome Desmatosuchus. On the one hand, I give them full marks for including the PIAT,  an anti tank weapon the Brits used that is essentially a spigot mortar. It's a bit obscure to those WWII buffs here in the States at least, so I was impressed to see it included as a primary arm. On the other hand, I have seen a lot of gamers gripe about it as overpowered for the game. I don't know anything about that, but what I do know is that I dock this poster points for not having any Dinosaurs in it!

2 comments:

paws4thot said...

Hi, first time commentator (look, I only found this blog about a week ago)! If I'm stuck with posting anonymously, I'll prefix comments as "An omnibus"!

Anyway, ref the PIAT as a primary weapon, do any of the other characters use a Bazooka or Panzerfaust as a primary? If so, then IMO the PIAT isn't that over-powered (if at all).

CounterFett said...

No, there are no other bazookas or panzerfaust/shrek.

The Desmatosuchus has a 20mm cannon on its back which is the Axis equivalent of this character. However, the Des is much slower, and because it is much easier to differentiate at range than Nigel is, the Des ends up being a 'bullet magnet.' I don't think it's really unbalanced, but it depends on how you look at it.