Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dino D-Day: The Most Random Thing I saw On The Internet This Week!

Granted, it's early days yet, but when I saw a multi-player game from my favorite Youtuber of this game last night, I blew soda out my nose. Heck, I might have laughed so hard a shot BRAIN MATTER out my nose.
"The only thing better than killing a Nazi, is killing a Nazi dinosaur."

The game is called Dino D-day, and the premise, if you still need me to catch you up, is that Dinosaurs are back, and the Nazis got 'em.
No, really, that's the whole concept. It looks like a pretty fun game. The reviewers, who said it sucked and lacking and was dated, were still laughing and looking like they were having a lot of fun during the playthrough. The game is built on the Source Engine, which was used for Half Life 2, so no, the game's graphics are not what you would call modern. Did look like it ran smooth and relatively bug free. What seems to be the biggest problem with this game is that there was only one server with people on it. Will this change if it catches on? I don't know. But for the now, I am comfortable to laugh about it.

2 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Reminds me of the old SS Tyrannosaur Werewolves from Samurai Cat.

The Inner Geek said...

I saw this on Steam last week. I love their tagline, "You’ve played World War II games before…but have you played a World War II game with dinosaurs?"

I can't say I'm willing to take a $19 flyer on it... but it does look unique!