Friday, April 15, 2011

FireZone Released For Download

There's been some breaking news in the land of free skirmish games (my favorite kind). Gotthammer from over at Collegia Titanica has posted a new skirmish ruleset entitled FireZone. There are a couple of things I have already heard about this that make me favorably disposed right off of the bat.
  1. It is from Collegia Titanica. I love that blog.
  2. It is free. You Already know my stance vis-a-vis free stuff, right?
  3. It has army lists including Studio McVey Sedition Wars line.
  4. It uses a d10. Now, I don't have anything against the old d6, I just feel that in a lot of games, including one very high profile wargame that many of us play, the range of troop quality can be obscure by the limitations imposed by a d6. 
I've already downloaded it, and it looks to have a lot of promise. Thanks to Porky over at the Expanse for breaking this.

1 comment:

Gotthammer said...

Thanks for the shout-out and kudos :)

Your point on the D10 is exaclty why I went with it over the 6 or 8 - more variety in stats but keeping a smaller deviance in results.