Friday, April 22, 2011

My First Mini Mates! Last Day For The Poll!

I've never had any Mini Mates before. It's not because I never wanted any, but because they usually were more expensive, or inaccessible (mail order only, etc.), or some combination of the two.
So, when I was at Toys 'R Us, and they had tons of Ghostbusters and Universal Monsters on the pegs on clearance, I felt I had to act. I looked through and decided on the Wolfman plus Creature from the Black Lagoon Glow in the Dark version. I've always identified with werewolves, and , amazingly, have been accused of being one before. While I am not a fan of Creature from the Black Lagoon (what was so scary about him anyway? Hes a fish man, for crying out loud!), I do like the figure, plus he's glow in the dark!

Strangely, these are not the first Mini Mates I have purchased, but they are the first to have made it into my possession. Let us just say that there is a pending internet order.

On a quasi related note, this is the last day to vote in the 'Arm An Ogryn Bone 'Ead' poll. You can read about the options here.

3 comments:

Action Ranger Timmy said...

I'm gonna guess Halo minimates are on order. Did you get the Minimate Warthog? It's pretty rad. Only Halo minimate I ever got.

CounterFett said...

Yes, and no. I got them as part of a sort of unrelated order of bitz.

I got two of the army builder figs for really cheap. I'm probably going to get the warthog and set 1 from EE at some point, they seem to have the best pricing on it.

The Happy Whisk said...

Cool beans.