Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Power Armor Countdown #1!

At long last it has arrived ladies and gentlemen, the long journey has come to an end. This has been a tremendously successful series in terms of generating traffic for the site, routinely being my most viewed threads. For that, I would like to thank you all! Those of you who have been following the countdown from the beginning can have no doubt about what is going to be the final entry, but let's go through the motions.
Astartes Tactical Dreadnaught. The terminator armor. It's no secret that I play more Space Hulk than 40k. In fact, it is quite possible that I have played more Space Hulk than all other tabletop games combined. That's quite a feat, really, when you consider that I have never owned it. But this post is about Terminators, not Space Hulk, so on with the show.

Terminator armor is some of the best in 40k. 2+ save. A built in invulnerable save. The option (through storm shields) of an even better invulnerable save. The option in some armies of counting as troops. Cyclone missile launchers. Thunder Hammers. Power Fists. Assault Cannons

Storm.

Bolters.

The fluff says that the armor is so tough that terminators can survive in a plasma reactor. I don't know how hard that is, since those are currently fictional, but I imagine it's pretty hot in there. The crux terminatus reputedly holds a fragment of the armor of the Emperor Himself. So, not only are they bad mama jamas, but they are also divine relics of judgement, to boot.

3 comments:

Loquacious said...

they are pretty sexaaaaay =)))

Bix said...

Great series mate and TDA is a worthy winner; sticking 'Ol Painless' on a Marines arm is still one of the best decisions by the GW design team.

The Inner Geek said...

I too love the Space Hulk and have played many more games of it than I'll ever have time to play 40k. I still play the 1st edition rules. Part nostalgia, part they are just better rules!