Saturday, April 9, 2011

Tomb Kings Pre Orders: From Least To Most Interesting, Part I

Well, since everyone seems to have calmed down a little on posting about these, and have gone back to the status quo of not caring about Tomb Kings. So, a perfect time for me to jump on in. What I figured I would do here is take the models, gorgeous as they are, and grade them lowest to highest in terms of what I think I can get out of them. Now, to preface this, I don't play Fantasy. As interested as I am in Egypt stuff, I am getting a lot more mileage out of my Pharaoh's Quest LEGO than I will out of collecting Tomb Kings. On the flip side, I do play 40k, and I am interested in starting Necrons in the near future (I have been waiting for a couple of years for their new army book to get started), and I think some of these releases might be useful in said endeavor. So, with that said, let's get on with the show!
Part I: Tomb Guard. These are your basic heavily armed and armored skeleton warriors. They are just dripping with detail, and come with options for hand weapons, shields, halberds. The reason these are my lowest level of interest for this release are that they are fairly costly ($41.25 for 10?), they are obviously humans skeletons as opposed to vaguely androgynous alien robots, and because I think scraping off all of those extra layers of detail would be both aggravating and self defeating.

On the other hand, the Tomb Kings lineup has been in need of some less generic freshening up for years, so if you are actually playing Fantasy, rather than looking for conversions for 40k, these might be just your cup of tea.

No comments: