Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekly Update! You Know You Missed It!

Good morning and a happy Wednesday to you all. I have not done one of these in a while since the Power Armor Countdown pushed the evening posting schedule to the morning, thereby supplanting the need for a weekly update. In any event, now that the countdown is finished, I figured I would trot out old faithful, just to let you all know the status of a few neglected projects that are about to come a little more into the forefront.
  • Version 1 and Version 2 of Samus are humming along the production lines. I guess this does not count as a 'long neglected' project, since I only started working on it a few days ago. Still, I do have progress made, so I figured I should give it a shout out. Expect some pictures in the next few days.
  • Mantis Warriors. Now here is a blast from the past. These guys have been unpacked, and are the 1st priority on the painting table. I really don't have that much left to do on this front, I need to finish the power effect on the claws and hammers, paint the stripes, and ink them. I am going to try out a new ink I found at the craft store "Burnt Umber" and I am looking a bit forward to seeing how it works.
  • Dust Tactics. I am still fascinated by this game. I love the Walking Tanks, the GI's with heavy armor, Death Korps looking Laser Troopers, you name it! I will be painting up my Recon Boys hopefully in the next few weeks, and should have some results coming up soon-ish. If the ink works well on the Mantis Warriors, it will likely see some use here too.
  • Frag-O-Rama. I talked a bit about this game in the Doom Post and wanted to throw it a shout out here. I am still looking at this as a smaller figure count alternative for a full game of Space Hulk. It does give a better 'first-person-shooter' vibe than Space Hulk, but only time will tell if it is enough of a game to follow in the Hulk's foot steps.

No comments: