Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Weekly Update!

Welcome back to the Weekly Update, folks! This is the Random Day Off Edition! I very rarely take Wednesdays off, because well, that's super random. But since I am off today to watch the kids during an appointment, I may as well make the best of it, no? As you may have noticed, I have made remarkably little progress on the painting front, with my time going to other projects. Not that these other projects were irrelevant. Let's see...
  • LEGO minifig gaming. From using Vandal Team in Space Hulk to having random fun with the Judge Dredd miniature game from Mongoose, I have been getting a lot of mileage out of my construction toys.
  • Dino D-Day, as absurd as it is, this game has really caught my imgination in a way nothing has in quite a while. I suppose it helps that I have always loved Dinosaurs, and World War II history. So smashing them together in a video game seems like great fun.
  • The Articulated Monster podcast is progressing nicely. It's really a lot of fun to record for me, and the people I know who have listened to it seem to like it. If you have not yet, download it to your iPod and give it a try. It has some hilarious moments, and is likely better than listening to silence while you are doing your daily tasks (exercise, dishes, yardwork, what have you!).
  • The "To Arm A Bone 'Ead" poll is still up, and is garnering a record breaking number of votes! Make sure you have your say in the future of minifig gaming history! 
That's it for now, folks! Stay tuned for a day of frantic posting nonsense.

2 comments:

Action Ranger Timmy said...

Ever try Brickwars? I know a few people who want to try it out.

CounterFett said...

I never have, though, I too, have always wanted to.

Mostly, I use LEGO figs with either Space Hulk, or the free Judge Dredd Miniatures game from Mongoose Publishing. Both systems have low model counts and clear concise rules for movement and combat.