Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Where Have All Of The Dinosaurs Gone?

No, not the actual Dinosaurs. I realize there was a mass extinction sometime back that pretty much removed Dinosaurs from the planet as we know it (except for birds, if you subscribe to that particular theory, at least). I mean the toys.
I am a toy collector. I am also a wargamer. Lastly, I am a videogamer. Every once in a while, something will interest me which spans all of my genres. Dinosaurs have always been one of those things. Since I got reinterested in them because of Dino D-Day, I have been on the lookout for toy Dinosaurs with which to wargame. So, where the heck are they?

You used to see them all over the place. Grocery stores, craft stores, especially toy stores. Where are they now? I am looking for the el cheapo 'army men' style bagged toys now, nothing special. I just need enough of them to play Big Game Hunt, the Dino hunting game I referenced a few posts ago.

For realsies. Where are they people? I have been looking for DAYS.

And don't forget to vote in the poll folks!

4 comments:

Mike Howell said...

I find most of mine at dollar stores.

They vary wildly in scale/material/quality.

Gotthammer said...

If you're prepared to pay a bit more you could try traking down some Schleich toys. They're high quality and very detailed - their site lists the sizes too.

CounterFett said...

@ Mike That's what I was going to try next, along with craft stores. I want hard plastic though, rather than the soft ones, which seems like it rules out most of the dollar store stuff, around here at least.

@ Gotthamer, I love their stuff, though you're right about the price. I didn't know about the site though, thanks!

Gyro said...

Dude, I got me some dinos.

Yup.