Thursday, May 19, 2011

Apes? Zombies? How Did I Miss These?

Ok, so in my fit of FFG fanboism yesterday, I somehow missed out on posting about these, which is ironic given my love for gunning down Nazi zombies. And that I know a fair amount of my readership love anthromorphized apes.

Those evil Nazi scientists are at it again! Some people have come out and said that steampunk as a genre is dead. I think it has been replaced by its metaphorical redheaded stepchild: WWII-punk. Seriously, is there no sci-fi or fantasy trope that people are not willing to attribute to a hunched little German with a monacle and labcoat, or maybe a cybernetic hand?

Be that as it may, these look pretty cool. The morningstar fisted zombies look like they might make good arco-flaggellants (for those of you inclined toward =][=). And the apes would be great, well, apes. If you really want to push this 'counts as' thing, I guess you could call them lesser daemons or Dark Eldar beasts. I think that really steals from the charm of playing a game with Carnivorous Apes, but to each their own.

3 comments:

Scott R said...

or Jokaero, actually.

CounterFett said...

Ooh, good call. Hadn't even thought of that.

Brutorz Bill said...

I just found these as well. Really cool looking!