Friday, May 20, 2011

Brick Norris: The Real Reason Dinosaurs Became Extinct?

That's right folks, I got in my first game of Big Game Hunt, the Dinosaur hunting tabletop miniatures game, and now I am going to tell you all about it. I basically play this as a solo game, and because I am currently using a LEGO minifig to represent my character, I can experiment around a bit with what combination of weapons I like for him to use.

We started out with the Revolver and Sabre. I figured this would be a good balance for old Brick, since he could have a decent enough ranged attack, but also be able to have a chance in a scrap should an ornery oviraptor so choose.

You use cards to determine the behavior of the game animals, so essentially, there is no real need for a second player, except that since it is scored competitively, there can be no real 'winner' without a second player.

Nevertheless, it was a learning experience, and the good Brick Norris emerged victorious over the perfidious Dinosaurian foe. I did like the sabre and revolver mix. I think next I will try shotgun and sabre, just to see how it is different.

Halo Bloks BattleScape courtesy of the beautiful Kelli.

No comments: