It's a cute movie, retelling Romeo And Juliet, with gnomes! There are some pretty clever plays on both gnome cliches and Shakespearean inside jokes throughout. I thought it was funny, but don't take my word for it!
- Gnomes! If you could not tell by having read one of my many posts about gnomes, or seen the banner, I like gnomes.
- Voice acting. There is a tremendous cast voicing this one.
- Funny. As references above, there are more than a few moments of hilarity. In the screen world, nearly everything is alive when people aren't looking, and the interactions in some cases are quite amusing.
- Romeo & Juliet, again. Yeah. It's been done a couple of times.
- Soundtrack. This was, weirdly enough produced by Elton John. So the whole soundtrack was Elton John. I understand the fact that he kept his own production royalty free and what a smart idea that is, but really. All Elton John.