Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ice Armor He-Man! To Open, Or Not To Open?

I got this a few days ago after ordering from Amazon with my Birthday gift card. I wanted a fairly iconic representation of the big man himself to keep Man-At-Arms company, but did not want to go to the trouble of finding an original, or paying top dollar for one of the Classics line that are currently a bit scarce.

This is from the 2002 re-release, and is a fairly representative guise for He-Man. He has extra furry boots and a King Grayskull-esque fur cloak, which is a pretty nice touch. Other than that, the only thing keeping him from being a stock he man are the ice accessories, which are honestly pretty sparse. He has an ice shield and an ice-sword/staff thing which are not that impressive, but I am likely going to purchase the weapons pack Mattel put out, since I don't have any weapons for Man-At-Arms either.

The Question now is: Do I open him? Should I open him, keep him in the packege, wait until I find Man-At-Arms, wait until I get other Matty figs? I am uncertain.

5 comments:

Brutorz Bill said...

I say wait until you get some more figs to put with him.

SirDragonBane said...

I agree with Brutorz! But havings said that, I've had this very figue for the last 10 years now, and after thinking about the very thing you're considering, I'm now leaning towards opening him. The oly reason I kept him in package was because I didn't really have space to display all my figures then. Now that I do, there's MOTU Classics! Wth, right? Lol.

C'nor (Outermost_Toe) said...

Re, Shapeways:

(Since older posts often tend to not get responses to comments)

Do you know if they'll do stuff from Google Sketchup? I'd love to be able to use the stuff I made in it (like those here: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=1950087513a0870febb28bd20e0a549f&ct=mdcc)

Mario! said...

Hell yeah, open him. Go ahead, I'll wait.

CounterFett said...

@ C'nor: I don't know, I've only just found the site. Don't really know how they work re submissions.