Tuesday, May 24, 2011

My Kingdom For A Fantasy Battle Game!

Ok, so I'll admit it, I am a big fantasy geek. My tabletop life has pretty much run the gamut of every sci-fi genre concievable, and even a little historical, but to my knowledge, I have not played any fantasy. Of course, I have played a bunch of Dungeons and Dragons, and more recently Swords & Wizardry, but those are RPGs, not miniatures games. I have a pretty good start to a Vampire Counts army that I have never played (mostly from Mantic, bless their hearts), but I have never bothered learning any edition of Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

I use enough of my brainpower learning 40k, and all the necessary codices, that trying to cram in the BRB for 8th Edition seems more like a chore than a recreation. So, I am opening the field for discussion. What fantasy game should I play. I nearly have caved to playing warmahordes, due to the fact that I have a painted (!) Legion of Everblight army. I know, me, a painted army! How did that happen? I built it for something else of course. Anyway, let me know what you think. In my mind the two strongest contenders have to be WM/Hordes and Kings of War, but I have a pretty open mind.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

The Inner Geek said...

I have some Retribution and Mercs for Warmachine. Got some of the Ret out of their boxes and painted a while back. Played a whole game with them. It was fun. Meh.