Sounds perfect right?
Well, umm, here's where I run into the usual All Things Fett snag. Now I need to decide what models I am going to use for my army. There are some options available that will cost me nothing, and a few that will only cost me a little bit.
- Warhammer 40k minis. I have a bunch of these, they are already painted, and like I found out from Morgrim a few days ago, they port over in a pretty straightforward manner.
- Halo Clix Miniatures. I have a bunch of these too, they are pre-painted (ergo, better painted than anything I painted myself), and thematically, they look a little closer to actual Infinity models.
- AT-43, Same plusses as Halo Clix, but slightly more 'beefy' models. Also, the models I have for this are a little 'beefier' (exo suits, hardsuits, etc.)
- Dust Tactics. These guys are not all painted, and are a little homogenous due to the fact that I only bought two boxes of Recon Boys.
- LEGO. Yeah, I have a lot of LEGO minifigs, and it is neat to be able to configure their weapons to fit my army list rather than building a list around what my models show.
- Reaper Chronoscope: I have a pretty good source for getting inexpensive Reaper minis. I like the line a lot, and they have a good eclectic mix of minis that allow for a squad of 'adventurers' a la gaming cliche.
- Infinty Models. As strage as it seems, though the individual model cost is higher than I usually spring for, you don't need many models for Infinity, so I can actually spring for the real deal.