Friday, May 6, 2011

Stylish Blogger: It's A Major Award!

Good morning folks, that's right, I have been nominated for a Stylish Blogger Award! I would like to thank Sons Of Taurus for the nomination. To have been nominated by someone who has done so much stellar work in the heretical arts of turning an Imperial Guard army list into Chaos Worshippers is truly an honor!

This is something that I had seen kicking around the bloggosphere of late, but had no idea what it really was. Here's the skinny:

The rules;
  1. Thank and link back to the person giving you the award
  2. Share seven things about yourself
  3. Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
  4. Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award.

 Done with Number One.
Seven Things about me. Umm. Well, may as well go with the patented Counterfett numbered list...
  1. This blog originally started to review toys and post about my Mandalorian Armor Costume Project. Its original tagline was "I am not a real Fett."
  2. I have two Presidential commendations, from two different Presidents (George H.W. Bush, and Bill Clinton).
  3. I am the luckiest man on Earth, because I am married to a woman who plays video games and collects LEGO, and I have two kids who do the same.
  4. I have an unhealthy obsession with Gnomes.
  5. I have a California Police Academy Graduation certificate, but don't use it.
  6. I am the third host of a two host podcast.
  7. I am super lazy. See, even this number on the list is because I am too lazy to think of anything else.
On to the fun part! More nominations! Now, the problem with getting nominated so late in the game is that most of the blogs I know have already been nominated, so I'm doing the best I can.
  • Mario! from A Year Of Toys. He is the cat who introduced me to blogging, plus is a partner in podcasting.
  • Action Ranger Timmy from Why Did I Buy That Toy? The first host of that two host podcast.
  • Eric from You Can't Handle The Truth. I am not much into politics, but the only reason that I said 'much' instead of 'at all' is this guy.
  • Desert Scribe from Super Galactic Dreadnought. I don't know what else to say here. I only recently found his blog, but I really like his content, and his layout is purty. Big Giant Ships helps too.
  • Mordian 7th at Mordian 7th . Again, someone I've only fairly recently discovered, but I've noticed his site on my referring sites list already, and I'll admit, I love that about him.
  • Big Lee from Big Lee's Miniature Adventures. Great style, great minis, and I always learn something when I'm there.
  • Kenchan13 from Haloonthefloor . Kenchan13 is the guy who inadvertantly got me back into miniature wargaming in general, and Space Hulk with my kids in particular. He's an infrequent poster, but a good egg nonetheless.
  • Da Masta Cheef at Da Long Ways Desert Groop (pretty sure I spelled that wrong...er). Was a big supporter when I first started branching out into wargame blogging.
  • Nikepheros at Bringer Of Victory. A great guy, who makes some great articles. Helps me win, which is a rare enough thing to be noteworthy.
  • GMort of Gmort's Chaotica. Another great guy with excellent posts. Also, he posts a picture of himself in his blog, that honestly, cracks me up every time I see it.
-phew- that was a lot more of a task than I thought it would be. Y'all better appreciate this.


2 comments:

Loquacious said...

Congrats, you deserve it!

kenchan13 said...

Well played good sir.