Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Miniature Pre Order Review: Cold One

Well, I had a look at the advance orders for the next wave of Storm Of Magic. I'll be honest, it looks like a zoo and I'm not real impressed. That's not to say it's all bad. So what I decided to do was keep it classy and talk about the one shining star from the forthcoming wave that I do like. The Cold One.
No not that kind.
That's more like it.

It's actually fairly impressive. It looks something like a Deinonychus, but with a heavier musculature and some dorsal spines that look like they would make riding one an exercise is self vasectomy (Dark Elves and Lizard Men ride these...right?). In any event, it looks pretty darn cool. I will be cautious and wait to see how these really look when they come out in finecast. The price for buying a unit of these seems like it would be painful, but I don't play WFB anyway, so it would likely just be for other sundry pulp games. That said, buying one shouldn't be too bad.

5 comments:

jboypacman said...

Reminds of the North America version Godzilla or "Zilla".

Xaereth said...

Man, I *love* the cold one models. That they made them without saddles/riders is also great- really gives a good alternate option for Fiends or Beasts in a Dark Eldar book.

:)

Kenzie said...

wow these new cold ones are so cool, very deadly looking.

Evan said...

Too bad they're 17 bucks a pop.

CounterFett said...

Yeah. $17 is too steep for me to want to make a unit of them (I don't play WFB anyway...), but it's not too bad for a dino fig of good detail in this scale. If you're talking about a low model count game.