Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Cesare Borgia Action Figure

These came as a complete surprise to me when I first saw them in the Target toy aisle after they finished their section relaunch a few weeks ago. The irony of me being a toy news commentator is not lost on me.
Originally, I was not planning on buying any of these. I already have a Six-inch Ezio, so going into another scale for the line was just not a real exciting prospect. But my recent infatuation with the game Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword made me reconsider. After a weekend spent in the game's company, I was sort of in a swashbuckling state of mind. I felt the need for black powder, cut and thrust, baroque armor toys. Toy choices from the mid to late Renaissance era can be a bit...thin. But old cesare here sure fits the bill.
He is quite well articulated, though his soft plastic tunic and cape somewhat limit his range. His sculpt has pretty good detail, right down to the bar relief cherubs on his breastplate. He comes with cool accessories, like the aforementioned cut and thrust sword, plus an honest to goodness matchlock pistol! And they even fit in his hand. I will tell you, loyal readers, to be very careful about picking your paint if you buy this line. I got lucky, as the only Cesare at my Target had adequate paint, but I looked at one with Mario and James over the weekend where the paintjob on his sword was simply abominable.

These guys are in perfect scale for 4" lines, despite what I had been previously told. So no fears, scale enthusiasts! I do hope they add more to this line, as Cesare here is the only current 'bad guy.'
Something I am thinking about doing for every new action figure post I do going forward is adding a picture of said figure riding Panthor. Thoughts?

4 comments:

jboypacman said...

I saw these recently and thought they looked pretty well made and the price point wasn't bad at all either.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, these are from the same guys who made the Crysis figs, I think, and those were pretty darn good, and at the same price! Definitely worth picking up if you like the look of them.

Mik said...

I almost picked up an Ezio from this line over the weekend as well. I don't know about Cesare though, he's such a jerk! Maybe if they had a figure of his sister on the other hand...

CounterFett said...

@ Mik, yeah I was sort of hoping the same thing...