Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gaming With LEGO: Mount & Blade Part I

So lately I have been playing a lot of Mount & Blade: Warband, and it has been affecting my other RPG campaign (a retro Swords & Wizardry hackfest). Since I just started a new character in both games, I thought I would use the same archetypes in both, and upgrade the S&W character as my M&B character progressed.
So here she is, the Countess of Erfett (see what I did there?).

In Mount & Blade terms, she is a new character; with the starting options of Hunter, Steppe Child, Poacher, and Forced Out. This is a good starting character for Mount & Blade. You have the best starting archery in the game (believe me, I've tried), decent equipment, and a tough, if slow, horse. Even though archery becomes less useful later in the game, it's good against the unarmored folks you fight a lot at the beginning. And since she's so good at it, she does not need to do anything else for it. You can start getting good at the skills you need later in the game (Party building and horseback fighting).

In Swords & Wizardry, she's pretty simple; A fighter with bow, battle axe, & leather armor. I expect you'll be seeing more of her...

No comments: