Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gaming With LEGO Part III: Rezurrection

Ok, I'll just say up front that I hated Call of Duty: Black Ops' campaign mode pretty fiercely. This is for one rather absurd, if forgivable reason. I don't like anachronism in games that are supposed to have taken place in a non-alternate reality Earth past. It's pretty nit-picky, but having an M16 with multiple attachments at the Bay of Pigs, or a DPM with a holosight at a 60s era Siberian Gulag really chaps my posterior.

On the flip side, I think Zombies is one of the greatest game modes ever. It takes all the things I love about Firefight mode from Halo, adds interesting characters and more weapons, and stirs in a pulp era zombie romp. Sounds like a recipe for win if ever there was one right?
So I made Nikolai as he appears in Moon, one of the levels from the all new, all zombie, Rezurrection map pack. Really, it's pretty generic; it could be any one of the four playable characters. However, he has an AK-47, and Nikolai likes those, right? This build makes me happy, as I was pretty sure I was never going to be able to use those stupid Buzz Lightyear parts for anything. Plus, the fact that the Atlantis diver helmet works so well, AND shows the face. Combined, these two facts saved me $5 by not having to buy the moon rover set for the astronaut parts. All in all, a pretty fun, if uninspired, addition to the ranks of my video game LEGO army.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

4 comments:

Mik said...

There's a Biohazard fig in one of the collectible series that would be great for Zomblegopocalypse.

Hope CFett is on the mend.

jboypacman said...

What was the little guy made from? He looks pretty cool.

CounterFett said...

It's the body and legs from the Garbage Truck Set Buzz Lightyear, an Atlantis Helmet, a Hoth Rebel Trooper face, and a Brickarms AK-47

Action Ranger Timmy said...

http://halotoymation.megabloks.com/