Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Nuns Are Dead. Long Live The Nuns.

Ok. We all know the White Dwarf codex is how GW shall be doing us disservice by replacing Codex Witch Hunters with Codex: Sisters of Battle. I used to be a really big fan of Codex Witch Hunters, but sort of fell out of the habit (hah, see what I did there?). Since I could never bring myself to spring for an all-metals army, I always resorted to counts as or Stormtroopers.

So how does the new WD Codex affect me? Surprisingly very little. The only issue of White Dwarf I own is the one with Movie Marines (if that's not some sort of commentary on my personality, I don't know what is). I might buy this one, just for old  times' sake. I would be happier if they were going to release new models.

As it is, for the old guard, who just want to paint boobs, might I suggest some Sanguinary Guard?

8 comments:

HOTpanda said...

It's not that big of deal as very few people own/play a Sister Army. The update gives the final blow to the ally system which was being abused and was not at all fair since only a select group of armies could use it. I welcome the update myself and it ha sparked a new found interest in the army I first stated the hobby with. The Sisters are far from dead.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, that title is supposed to be like "meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

They're still too pricey for most folks to want to play.

HOTpanda said...

I will be circumventing the cost of the actual sister models through the blasphemy of a corrupted Sisters of Battle Army. To be exact I will be making a Sisters of Slaanesh force with both Dark Eldar, Daemonettes and various fantasy models to achieve this.

CounterFett said...

That's actually fiendishly clever HOTpanda!

WQRobb said...

You'll be buying two White Dwarfs--the first one lists the units but no point values, weapon options, or even what is a Troop, Fast Attack, etc. So that'll be $20 for a 12-page codex, not $10.

CounterFett said...

-sigh-

paws4thot said...

Ref WQRobb's comment; now guess why the only things I buy from GW are Mithril Silver and Shining Gold paints, and inks!

CounterFett said...

I think they're even worse off in my dept. I don't use their paints, I use testors enamels.