Monday, August 29, 2011

Ogre Kingdoms Pre-Order Review! Big New Singles!

Continuing on in our three part preview of the forthcoming Ogre Kingdoms releases. In this segment we look at the three new Lords & Heroes being released. At least I think these are the new ones. I never looked too closely at the old OK Lords & Heroes section, so forgive me if these are not new but rather rereleases, since ol' GW does not really specify in the shop.
Golgfag Maneater. This big guy is a mercenary who is one of the most renowned of Ogre heroes. Seems like a good choice thematically for throwing in my favorite models from the Ogre Range...Maneaters. He looks a little bit like the Ogre version of Conan, as portrayed by Arnold in that one scene at the end of "The Destroyer" when he comes out with an axe and sword in each hand and surveys the chaos of the waking god. Not a bad thing. This is an excellent sculpt, and I actually look forward to people getting these to see if finecast is improving in quality control.
Bragg The Gutsman. Another grat model, this guy is sort of a Grim Reaper figure amongst ogre-kind. Like a non-Blood angel Astorath the Grim. I like the model, but $38 for a figure that looks like it should be an easy conversion from a Bull? Pass.
Firebelly. Wow, an Ogre fire-eater with a boulder on a stick. Sure sounds like something I would never want to fight. On the flip-side, it seems like something I would not use a lot. It's a well detailed model, but with the particular pose he's in, I can't see using it for anything but a WHFB Firebelly. Since I don't play that game, it makes it hard for me to integrate into anything else. Probably a pass also, though I might be able to use such a thing as an Ogre Mage in Swords & Wizardry.

So there you have it for this time, folks. One pass, one likely pass, and one probable buy. I hope the 'Street Price' for these is friendlier than what GW has on their site, as that might be a deal breaker. Wow.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.