Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ogre Kingdoms Pre-Order Review! Not Really New Releases!

Alongside the release of new models for the Ogre Kingdom lineup is the release of several models from the old line that will now be available as Finecast. Whether this is good news or bad remains to be seen, though it is known across the land that many of my favorite models from GW are included in this army, namely, the Maneaters. Sure, Finecast versions of some other Lords, Heroes, and Special choices are being released, but who cares about that? We've got Maneaters!
Araby Maneater
Empire Maneater
Paymaster Maneater
Pirate Maneater
Female Maneater
Ninja Maneater

I've always loved these models, they remind me of how much character used to be rolled into every single GW miniature before the current era. The idea of fielding a unit of Maneaters, no two of which looked alike, always struck me as simply fantastic. The realities of the situation (i.e. how much they cost) means such a thing was supremely unlikely, though I still wanted the models to use as tyrants, bruisers, or simply for other games. My favorites are the Pirate, Araby, and Ninja Maneaters.

So, what's your favorite Maneater?

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

3 comments:

slipwing said...

They are all great models, but I would have to say that the Pirate, the Female, and the Ninja are my favorites.

CounterFett said...

I like that they included a female. I love the humor of it. That's the kind of thing that seems to be missing from, say...40k these days.

warhammer39999 said...

ACK! That's a female?!?