Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Smurf's Movie Scottish Smurf

I'm a big fan of the Smurfs going all the way back to the (in retrospect) terrible cartoon. So, while I have not been to see the new Smurfs movie, I have been keeping an eye on the toys, merchandise, etc.

Apparently they have made it so Gutsy Smurf is now a kilt wearing Scotsman. Umm, okay, so a little bit of stereotyping but at least it's not negative...right? I mean, they are saying we're brave, right? Anyway, we got the figure of this because our whole family is of Scottish descent (even the married sides), and because it is a nice central piece for our rather large-ish collection of Les Shtroumphs.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

3 comments:

jboypacman said...

The way his face is he kind of looks drunk lol.

CounterFett said...

-sigh-

I hadn't thought of that.

jboypacman said...

Nothing wrong with it Fett it sort works. :)