Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Talespin Nostalgia Bomb! It's Don Karnage!

Or Carnage. I can't remember. I always thought it was with a C, but when I was watching Talespin with my wife and kids, the subtitles spelled it with a K. So whatever. Anyway, while we were watching it, it came up that I had the Talespin toys when I was a kid, mostly because we talked about the old Ducktales toys so much during Episode 13 of the Podcast. I went into the garage, and lo and behold, I actually found the old Don Karnage, which is the only one of the whole series I kept. I wanted to be a pirate when I was a kid.
He's a pretty cool toy, though his articulation does not hold up to modern figures in any way shape or form. I even still have his sword.
Attention to de-tail. It's even articulated! Old Don is still in pretty good shape considering he's about two decades old. This is maybe my oldest non Star Wars or Indy toy, as best I can remember. I wish I had kept the other Ducktales, Talespin, and Darkwing toys I had at the same time. They are pretty much irreplaceable now.

2 comments:

Mik said...

I liked this fig because of the baldric belt, I think he had an off-hand dagger as well? Like you said, not a lot of articulation but he makes up for it on style.

On your dates I think he's closer to a whopping two decades old!

CounterFett said...

Oops, I think you're right, better edit that.