Sunday, August 7, 2011

Terrorgiest: The Coolest Thing Out Of WFB?

Ok, so I somehow totally missed out on this in my PreOrder Critique series. This probably occurred due to me focusing so much on the recent spate of Halo products. Nevertheless, I did come across this image recently and said to myself...'wow.'

Now, there are a lot of things that they did right on this model. It looks great, the sculpt is impressive, the paint scheme is terrific, and it's neat that they fit two models into one kit (that seems to be a theme with recent releases). While I don't play Fantasy, there are a couple of good ways that this could fit into 40k, either in a Daemon army or Tyranids. I think the latter would be the best fit, since there are a number of interesting beasties with wings that have never been released, and a case could be made that the ribs are an exoskeleton. In particular, I think the flying Trygon (whatever it's called) was simply made for this kit. A very slight amount of conversion could make this work really well.

3 comments:

jboypacman said...

Man that thing is just awesome looking.

HOTpanda said...

I am about to start my first fantasy army and thought I had it all figured out till this model came out. Always like the vampire range but their codex is just out of date so I settled in on Skaven. Now with this out though, losing more often than winning might be worth it.

HOTpanda said...

I plan on using the Tomb Banshee and the Cairn Wraith models in my Sisters of Slaanesh army. Both are new plastic kits for the Vampire line as well.