Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Toy Show Haul! Part III: Girl Robin!

Anyone who heard the podcast for the last few episodes know that there has been a running joke about how my favorite DC comics character is girl Robin from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. I knew that an action figure had been made of her in the past, but I was making noises for someone to do it in a more modern vintage so that new collectors could grab her.
Then, about halfway through the show, as I am rummaging through a bin trying to make it so the dealer doesn't need to get me change for the present I got for my wife, Mario comes through aces! I managed to get her for $5. Less than half of what I was good and willing to pay to get her from Amazon ($12 + tax + shipping). It was quite the coup.
She also comes with a scenic base. Woohoo, a lamp post.

1 comment:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

i like the lamp post! really looks like it did in the comic :) she's cool!