Saturday, August 13, 2011

Toy Show Purchase Showdown. Who Won? You Decide!

Note: I am going to update this post with the photos of the other hosts' purchases as they get them to me.

Well, the 'other' James threw down a proverbial gauntlet at the beginning of the Toy Show this morning. The contest was simply this: whoever got the most awesome purchase (with unknown judging criteria at the time) would win bragging rights until the next time.

Of course, when we did Olympic style judging during the show, I won, but James had the better idea of actually opening the vote up to our listeners, readers and friends. So have a look at what each of the three hosts thought was the most 'awesome' purchase.

James (Action Ranger Timmy): Super Grover! $40

Mario! (A Year Of Toys): Transformers Animated Shockwave Target Exclusive Repaint! $15

James (Counterfett): Not one, but two Kevin Costner as Robin Hood Action Figures! $1 (total)

So, decide which you think is the best of the best, and make your vote!

7 comments:

Action Ranger Timmy said...

It's Super Grover, you dick. Stop trying to sway voting with your spurious lies.

CounterFett said...

Oops.

I fixed it. I put it down to the fact that I watched a lot more muppet babies than Sesame Street.

In any event, if you get me a pic, it won't matter what I call it.

I tried pretty hard to be impartial.

Action Ranger Timmy said...

impartiality is for suckers!

CounterFett said...

Aww, you're just sore because I already beat you once.

Though, again, in fairness I think you did the math wrong there.

Trey J. said...

It's no contest, Super Grover wins in my book. Yes it was more expensive but it's 3x cooler than the Transformer repaint and at least 50x cooler than the Costner figures. So based off price:awesomeness ratio, Super Grover killed the competition.

Trey J. said...

For the record, I read James' blog post AFTER voting so his plea for votes wasn't my reason for picking Grover. Grover was my reason for picking Grover.

CounterFett said...

You mean Gonzo :D