Monday, September 5, 2011

40k Product I Want: Hive Of The Dead

Astonishingly, this is my most anticipated product from GW this year. Of course it is a print on demand book only available from the Black Library. In Hive of the Dead, you play the role of an amnesiac guardsman at the onset of Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade. Needing only the book, a d6, and a pencil, you play through this game like it was an adult version of a choose-your-own-adventure, or maybe something like the 40k version of the "Lone Wolf" series from some years back.

All in all, a pretty cool looking title.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

2 comments:

Skarvald the Troll-faced said...

I am super excited about this as well and can't wait to have some spare money to purchase it. "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" books were basically my childhood. I really hope the book is good and worth the $20.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, the "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure", the GI Joe Books (forgot what they are called), and the Lone Wolf books were just about the only things I read between the ages of 9 and 15 years old. It's a lot of nostalgia for me.