Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Art Of Black Crusade: The Release!

Like I did with Deathwatch, I figured I would provide a sort of clearing house for some of the terrific art that has been on the teasers and previews for the game. Again, not wanting any kind of infringement, I am solely using the art that has already been posted online by FFG. This project is substantially easier than the Deathwatch one (which I never really completed, incidentally) as there were a lot less previews coming into Black Crusade than Deathwatch.

In the spirit of the work actually being released, I figured we would jump right in with the chapter frontispieces.
This might be my favorite of the lot. I imagine this as an insidious Tzeentch lord using his outwardly pious henchman to lure an imperial flock into the arms of the chaos powers. Interestingly, it shows them as having a pretty nice camaraderie. Either they are early on in their service to said lords, or it's just one more trick in the toolbox to get the wayward ones to think chaos "isn't so bad."
 Now this is what a lot of people think about when it comes to Chaos. A hulking bruiser of a Chaos Marine with what is obviously a wretched Daemon Sword, throbbing with unclean might.
And, of course, the obligatory 'Chaos Sorcerer as Palpatine' shot. I think a Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer would be better served by crushing a single Imperial Guardsman in his massive gauntlet rather than wasting energy to electrocute them, unless in a large group. I think this is my least favorite, being a bit cliched. Like just because he's evil, he's also obsessed with showcasing it.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

1 comment:

Aeteros said...

The stated guardsman is a psyker, as I see him. And, due to heavy cabling, he's attached to a massive machinery and as such(psykers are rarely attached to mere blenders) poses a real threat and deserves an honour to be electrocuted by that Ahriman-looking sorcerer.