Friday, September 2, 2011

Don't Be A Game Snob: Fistful Of Honey

I like simple wargames that I can play with my kids to introduce them to proper wargaming. I like free games. IN order to find something that is both, you have to sort a lot of chaff to find the few really good grains of wheat out there. Well, last night, I found a great little game at the Eureka website to go with their line of 28mm teddy bear miniatures called A Fistful Of Honey.
Obviously the flavor text is themed towards a Western style, but there is no reason it could not work for any genre. Further, because it is only one page, it is quick to pick up and play. I think even my son can remember the rules it is so simple.

I usually don't like games that use playing cards for the chance element, being a dice loyalist, but I think they work pretty well in this instance. I am going to give this game a try today with the boy. I'll let you know how it goes.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

1 comment:

Evan said...

Glad to see you back in Action, Fett. Hope you feelin' up to snuff. As to the post, Western Bears are always a win in my book.