Thursday, September 15, 2011

Jak & Daxter Minimates

I was pretty excited to find these at Toys R' Us today. I watched the game played through over the past few days and had forgotten how much I liked it. I knew there were several Playstation properties that had Minimates as TRU exclusives, but I was not sure if this was one of the franchises. Needless to say, when I saw it, I grabbed it.
The figures themselves are pretty terrific. Jak has a lot of unique pieces. Honestly, I don't think any of these can really be reused as anything else. Just look at those dope ears. As you can see in this picture, he can hold his rifle, though not particularly well.
I think it looks better slung across his back anyway, particularly since he has a clever little scabbard to hold it there, as it would appear from the iconic image of the duo.
Speaking of duo, Daxter also comes in the pack. Umm, yeah. I always thought he was a weasel, but according to the package, it turns out he's an ottsel. Half otter, half weasel. Hm. He's the same size figure as Jak, which means he's ridiculously off scale, as he was, well, weasel sized in the game. Whatever, it still makes for a good two pack, when you have Jak's awesomeness to balance out Daxter. Sort of how it works in the games, too.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

No comments: