Tuesday, September 13, 2011

LEGO Christmas Comes Early!

We bought a LEGO advent calendar last week after having a longstanding agreement that the wife could have everything in the set, and I could have Santa, since I have wanted Santa ever since I saw him in the LEGO ad(e)vent that a few blogs posted last year. As usually happens, however, the reality of the situation was very different once the set was opened and assembled. So, I decided to roll my own.
You better watch out. He's coming to town...and he's got a list. I always thought that sounded fairly ominous.
"You're mistletoe is no match for my TOW missile!" Sorry obscure Futurama reference. It had to be done.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

4 comments:

eriochrome said...

My mom getting my daughter the Kingdoms calendar last year brought me out of my lego dark age. This year I am not totally sold on the Star Wars one since it is like 40 and we do not really do city in my house.

CounterFett said...

Last year City seemd pretty holiday themed. The one we just got had a lot of cops and robbers.

...and Santa. I don't really get it. Oh well. My wife likes City, so it's not a problem for her. I think I would have preferred the SW version, because the only thing with holiday pretensions is Soda (Santa-Yoda?)

Kelli said...

I thought about the SW set but decided against it. I have small builds already- don't really need anymore. Plus SW has been epic failing lately- totally not impressed. I will however be retro-buying last years advent calendar of kingdoms and some creator winter series.

jboypacman said...

Love this picture! Reminds me of Santa from Futurarama lol.