Wednesday, September 28, 2011

LEGO Retro Lancer: It's All About The Math, Really...

In true All Things Fett Form, once I take a fancy to something, I either try to represent it with LEGO or in a miniature for Warhammer 40k. I did actually consider giving some Grey Hunters lancers to represent having bolters and close combat weapons but with my current GW embargo due to limited funds (not really intentional), figured going at it from a construction block angle might be more, um...constructive.
And that's what we're looking at construction wise, really. It helps out that BrickArms has a gun set up specifically to do this. They also have the chainsaw blade, but I have never been particularly interested in putting together a conventional lancer. For those not in 'the know' about BrickArms, basically we are putting together a HSR (Heavy SciFi Rifle), a universal clip, and a modular bayonet. It runs like $1.75, which is pretty inexpensive as my LEGO conversion projects go. I just wish BrickArms still did the orders direct. Dealing with ToyWiz can be taxing. I know GI Brick is a little easier to work with for just the BrickArms stuff, but it's usually pretty easy for me to tack a few accessories onto whatever order my wife wants to make when she is getting LEGO parts from ToyWiz.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

No comments: